Don't buy a dog or puppy from POOS4U

The breeder (Tami Foster) has at least 30 dogs in her house.When I went in the front door they all came running & barking.

I watched them hike their legs on furniture, hump each other, etc. I purchased a 6 month old malti-tzu that had not been sold. She had been thrown out with the pack & was unsocialized. She suffered with fear & anxiety.

She exhibited selfish behaviors-guarding & stealing food, toys, etc. I fed her well, trained her, & spent a lot of time working with her. She still had to take anti-anxiety medication. She became very ill at 3 years old with bladder stones.

Even with surgery, they would have returned. She could never have stayed in the hospital without me or Louie, my other dog. I had to have her euthanized. It absolutely broke my heart, my husband's and Louie's.

Louie mourned for her! This could have been prevented through proper breeding, handling and socialization. She charges hundreds of dollars for an inbred mutt that she calls 'designer dogs'.

She cares NOTHING for the animals- only the $$$$$$$.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Bad breeding

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
i want the bad breeding stopped.
Product or service
Helpful? 12 Yes 12 5 No 5
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 14, 2015 #984145

Ummmm...maybe u need therapy lady... the people, from my experience, who like to tell everyone on social networks how "wonderful" they are and "my kids are my life "..either want people to feel sorry for them and they're trying to get attention, and 9 times outta 10 someone else is raising their kids while "mommy of the year " is out smoking crack or Wtf ever dead beat parents do.

0 0 Reply

Apr 28, 2015 #977755

Just for the record. POOS4U is not a puppy mill and Tami Foster loves her animals. Tami was inspected by American Kennel Association and Animal Control in 2014. Passed both inspections with flying colors. It is impossible to tell Animal Control to leave due to grooming when they are coming to your house based on a complaint. It is irrelavent what other dogs are there at her home, you were a customer. It is shameful to publicly disrespect a business owner when you are not sharing ALL the facts. Hopefully, no one lies to your boss about your job....that would suck if you lost income because of someone opinion and inexperience of the whole picture. The ol' sayin always seems to say it all...if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. Nuf said.

0 2 Reply

May 13, 2015 #984050

thats where you are wrong!!! The AKC told her that dupe she didn't get that mess xpcleaned up they would yank her AKC affiliation from her. There are at least 5 dogs that we know if who have died before the age of 3 due to inbreeding. Did you also know that she laughs behind people's backs when she charges them $850. For a mixed mutt??? Don't believe it??? You've been fooled!!! The house she rents is owned by an elderly gentleman. He told me that after she moves out they will have to bull doze it down because of the urine in the floors & walls. A good breeder cares about the integrity of the breed. They don't have 60-70 dogs in a single family home. All dog authorities in town- even the vets- know that she is a backyard breeder. Believe me, I've talked to most of them.

3 0 Reply

Apr 15, 2015 #972342

You are using the excuse of bladder stones, and a disordered belief that the dog couldn't stay in a hospital with you, to help you feel better for putting your animal down. You didn't want the trouble of a nuisance dog and it's vet bills - but you don't have a strong enough grasp of reality to admit it.

0 3 Reply

Mar 15, 2015 #958964 Kokomo, Indiana

Sad you put a poor animal to sleep over something she should of had surgery and a change of diet to be able to live a few more years For

3 5 Reply

Mar 04, 2015 #954068

I am so sorry for your loss. Just to mention that we had 3 Schnauzers at one time and we had one Schnauzer Chloe she got bladder stones twice and had surgery twice to remove them. Bladder stones are an issue this breed faces. It can also be due to their diet. We had to put her on special foods to try and break up and pass them (prescription food). Surgery always had to be done. Our dogs are our children. And they get better care than we do (LOL). But with so many dogs in the breeder home and all the puppies that is generated I am sure there were other dogs who had socialization issues too. I am sure many had to fight for a meal. I am sorry your dog had to be euthanized such a sad ending to such a young dog. No dog can snap out of being ignored, or abused. We have all rescued dogs and they all come with problems and we just love them for who they are and give them a life while they are with us. That's all they want. Maybe you should try your local shelter next time. We always had such good luck adopting a dog usually older ones. Again I am sorry for your loss.

4 0 Reply

Nov 09, 2014 #897494

Bladder stones wouldn't have been fixed by socialization. Animals are like people, sometimes they get medical issues that just aren't fixable.
Some of the issues you mentioned were the breeder's fault, but the ultimate issue was not. I'm sorry :(

6 6 Reply

Nov 24, 2014 #905274 Panama City, Florida

I understand that the bladder stones were not the breeder's fault. However, as you said, the other things were. How sad that, because she didn't sell right away, she was thrown out with the pack. Again, her behavior clearly showed that she 'd had to fight for toys, food, etc. She was anxious, fearful and unsocialized. She never stopped craving the company of a pack. The one and only time I felt her relax was when they kindly agreed to let me hold her while they euthanized her. How sad for her. I am just glad she was well cared for her while she was here on earth.
Last report I got about ms. Foster she had over 50 dogs in her single family home- way too many. Her web site advertises that they are well socialized, loved, played with all the time... That is absolutely not true. How can one person correctly care for and socialize 50+ dogs? I just recently spoke with another victim. Ms. Foster charged her $850. For a mutt, which Ms. Foster calls,"designer dogs". Another person bought a 2 year old shi-tsu from her. The dog was fearful, unsocialized & aggressive. After it bit 3 different people they took the dog to a shelter.
How many of these dogs should be abused like this? How many more people should be heartbroken? It's a sad situation. Ms. Foster needs to be shut down.

9 2 Reply
Helpful Person

Jan 16, 2015 #931887 Coram, New York

Suggestion: #1: write the animal society writing to get your heart broken thought out and revenge on this page will not help you or the animals . They have many animal Societies to protect and close down these operations, next write to your attorney generals office about your lose.
Take free legal action. I can promise you , you will get results.
Also write a complaint to the better business bureau. Even if she is not listed you can write to complain to warn people. Trust me God said leave the revenge to me, but you must report this to the Human Society. There is legal help out there for free. Check it out. You have rights as a consumer Federal Consumer LEgal Lawyers waiting to help you out. It is worth a try. Sorry for that is very sad to hear thanks for the heads up.

5 0 Reply

Mar 05, 2015 #954384 Panama City, Florida

unfortunately, we have tried all possible leads and are now posting on social media. When animal control went to investigate Tami would not allow the inspectors in because she was grooming. Animal control listed 2 hybrid wolves as Alaskan Huskies. It is against the law to have hybrid wolves in Florida. Sadly our laws in Florida have not caught up with those in New York.

4 0

Oct 29, 2014 #892299

If you saw the terrible conditions why in the h.ell did you buy the f.ucking dog. Lady youre pathetic. Now you want to soil someones name due to your lack of common sense. Some people shouldnt own dogs and definately shouldnt breed kids.

7 14 Reply

Nov 24, 2014 #905270 Panama City, Florida

Thank you for your comment. Your question about why did I buy the *** dog is valid. Please let me explain. The simple truth is that I, like MANY other people, had no experience. I had my 6 month old schnoodle and just wanted a companion for him. I flat out had no idea what a back yard breeder was. I was uneducated about socialization & the importance of it. I can assure you, I educated myself very quickly!!!! (And have redeemed myself in that respect) I trained them both in obedience. My schnoodle is now a therapy dog- yes, he has his CGC. I have worked with several rescues since, fostering and helping some very ill dogs to recover before they were placed in their wonderful forever homes.
My Belgian Turvuren was found in a parking lot downtown where she had been living for at least 6 months. When I fostered her for a rescue organization she was about a year old. Now she is two and is a fabulous dog, thanks to the intensive training, socialization& desensitizing I have done with her.
The reason I wrote this in the first place was to keep others from making the same mistake I did. I was flat out uneducated about what I was doing and that was my fault. I wish I had known but, like so many other people, I didn't.
I hope you now understand where I'm coming from. And, by the way, I have wonderful, successful children. I am a terrific mother. It's sad that you feel you must insult me like that. Like I said, I hope you understand more clearly
... Show more

10 1 Reply
johnni girl

Feb 20, 2015 #948331 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

You don't have to explain anything to that rude ***.

8 1 Reply

Oct 20, 2014 #887728

You shouldn't BUY a dog or puppy from anyone. It's people like you that BUY their dogs that cause this behavior! Go to the *** shelter and adopt a dog like you should. You think you are the king of England that you need to buy a certain dog? Please!

6 17 Reply

Nov 24, 2014 #905279 Panama City, Florida

I have never seen so many people who are so quick to judge. Nobody cares about the death of a dog I worked with, trained, nurtured and patiently helped overcome so many issues because she WAS from that breeder's environment. It's sad that you all look for the worst in me instead of giving credit where credit is due. I can't imagine being so cruel to you.
I had a terribly heartbreaking experience because I believed this woman. I was inexperienced, as are many people when they get a pet.
FYI, I have since worked with rescues, fostering and bringing many dogs back to health before they were put into their new, loving homes. I now own a dog who was found living for at least six months in a parking lot downtown as a puppy. I have educated myself extensively- my dogs have their CGC and one is a therapy dog.
So, if it makes you all feel better to be nasty... Go ahead. I would never be so unkind to you if the situation were reversed. Again, my mission is to prevent anyone else from having the experience and heartache that I and several others have had. Since I initially wrote this complaint, many have come forward to talk with me about their experience with Ms. Foster. It's a shame you feel the need to be so hateful & judgmental. I hope you aren't ever judged as harshly as you've judged me.

8 3 Reply
johnni girl

Feb 20, 2015 #948332 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Why do you keep trying to explain anything to these judgmental people. Forget them! If you know what I mean?

5 1 Reply

Nov 24, 2014 #905283 Panama City, Florida

I just read your pages of nasty replies to people. Wow!!!! You must be a really bored, miserable person!

8 7 Reply

Jan 08, 2015 #927472 Panama City, Florida

Like I said, I just don't want this to happen to anyone else. You can say I'm nasty- I'm just stating the facts. Bored? No. Just mourning the loss if my pet & hoping this doesn't happen to anyone else. Special thanks to the friends of Tami Foster who left all the nasty comments!!! Don't trip on one of the 50 dogs in her house when you go over thee. And I wouldn't sit down anywhere if I were you!!! ; )

8 0 Reply

Feb 22, 2015 #949232 Farmington, Maine

KO, I agree w/ jonni girl! don't allow ppl who are bored & feel like being Nasty & using innappriopriate langauge make you feel as if you need to defend your actions! the web is made to voice all opinions even those that are ignorant(as above noted) they'll no doubt be onto my misspellings! isn't this the most fun thing to do. insult ppl we don't know, why? to make them feel better abt themselves. they sure aren't sharing with the world their intelligence, for all i see is IGNORANCE! that i spell correct for if there's a huge flaw in anyone's personality my opinion the #1 culpruit would be IGNORANCE!
KO it sounds like YOU'VE made a NEGATIVE into a POSITIVE ALL BY YOURSELF & some little minded ppl are upset you exposed this tami foster to be in the "PUPPY MILL" buisiness & she & other's (who probaly profit from this as well) are ANGRY you OUTTED them on the WONDERFUL WORLD WIDE WEB & it's here for all to see. FOREVER. it's 2/21/15 & this is still here, gaining more comments.
we need more ppl like you out there KO & jonni girl!!!

7 0
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.